Sunday, April 02, 2006

Tracking the madness

So I'm of two opinions when it comes to my blogging. But first, a brief synopsis:

I lost my rhythm awhile ago. I attribute it to a few factors. Firstly, we had that elderly man who was losing his mind living in our house for a few weeks during the month of December. It was a singularly painful experience watching the deterioration of such a disciplined and strong man. Although I was sympathetic to his situation, it was emotionally draining having him in my house. That and he had to be waited on hand and foot. Somehow he seemed to eat away at what little creative juices I had.

Then Christmas rolled around in all its loveliness. We had some mildly horrible things happen here -- well okay, not horrible in the grand scale of life but just plain bad for me in terms of my psyche. I wanted to do a post on it shortly after Christmas because it was mildly amusing, but I never got around to it because I was so busy recovering from the various traumas of my household.

Then I had my mother-in-law living with us for her lengthy three month stay. Talk about stifling. Somehow I couldn't work myself out of my funk enough to get it together to write anything worthy of posting. I tried ... believe me I tried. There are about two dozen posts sitting as drafts. I sometimes feel like they call to me; "Delete me or rewrite me, damnit!"

After Christmas, I got sick a whole bunch of times -- four to be exact. In between a couple of my illnesses, my dad had his heart attack. Couldn't get it together to post anything without bursting into tears.

Then of course, inertia kicked in. It's been so long since I've posted on a regular basis and I'm just not sure where to begin. Do I wait until I feel the creative urge again, or do I just jump back onto the horse and nauseate the crap out of you guys with my straight-stream-of-consciousness drivel and hope that in so doing, eventually my blogging inspiration will come back?

Guess which one I picked?


4 comments:

epicurist said...

My dear woman, you put too much pressure on yourself. Blog and write when it pleases you. We all love your writing and stories, but understand when life deals a hand with which you have no choice but to work out. We will be waiting patiently. Big hugs!

Snooze said...

I am grateful for your pick. Love you, love your blog; but love YOU whatever you decide.

ink said...

Some folks are worth waiting for, and you're definitely one of them.

ink.

P.S. I will happily continue to lurk quietly in the background, if you think that would help ...

EarthMother said...

Thanks Ink. Didn't even realise you had been lurking at all, so welcome and by all means, please do keep lurking. It needn't be quiet either ... noise is always good.