Sunday, February 25, 2007

It's not you; it's me.

Dear Blog:

I know it's been awhile since we last spoke. Thanks for being so understanding and giving me some space.

You've always been there for me through thick and thin and I'm afraid I've treated you rather shabbily, haven't I? I know I've been neglectful and while you've been mostly silent in your reproaches, this has only served to increase my feelings of guilt.

There are so many things which have been happening in my life lately and I've failed to share them with you. I didn't mean to shut you out but I suppose I did.

I guess every couple reaches a point where the comfortable silences in between conversation become greater and greater in length. At what point does it become uncomfortable and unbearable?

I know our friends are wondering what has been happening with us lately; don't think I haven't heard the gossipy whispers of those who wonder whether we are on the verge of dissolving our relationship. I don't think I'm ready to let go of you just yet but neither am I ready for a full-fledged commitment. Please don't expect me to be with you every moment of the day or to think of you constantly when we are not together. The bloom of our relationship has faded; the excitement and obsessive passion of our early courtship days has waned but has been replaced by the knowledge and comfort that you are always there for me, watching and waiting patiently. Is that asking too much of you?

You must know that I've been faithful to you throughout. Not everyone is monogamous; some people bounce back and forth between their main blog and the OTHER blog. And then there are those friends of mine who have moved on and are onto their second, third or fourth blog. Not me. I may have been oblivious to your needs, but I've not been out there servicing the needs of others.

Please continue to be patient. I promise to come home for good when the time is right and hopefully we can pick up where we left off. Until then though, you will have to just satisfy yourself with our brief and infrequent conjugal visits. Please don't lash out again and compare yourself to a McDonald's drive through window -- I can't bear the hurtful comments you hurl at me.

Affectionately,
your loving partner
Earth Mother

11 comments:

Snooze said...

Yeah, I'm on blog #4, and I have a secret blog and, well, you're way more committed than I am.

EarthMother said...

Snooze: Darlin' this wasn't meant to be a dig at you. You are so much a better blogger than me. I'm just looking for anything to justify my position to my poor neglected blog. It's a tactic R. sometimes employed -- when under scope would compare himself to every other Joe Schmo out there in order to make himself look good.

St. Dickeybird said...

Don't apologize to your blog, calling yourself a "loving partner!"
These blogs are like Alabama Housewives. Just look at the screen and shout "shu-up bitch, I'll pay attention to you when I've got a reason, and not before!"
*burp*

:)

EarthMother said...

Dickey: I have so much to learn from you.

Snooze said...

Goodness hon, I didn't take it personally. I was just kidding!

[besides, I'm having hot showers with your blog]

EarthMother said...

Snooze: Bitch! Didn't you know that only loosers shower together?

CarolAA said...

You're insane and I love you.

EarthMother said...

Kyarou: Yes, it's funny how in recent years I've come to accept and embrace the insanity. I love you, too! xoxo

Greg the Surly said...

With summer approaching, I think it will be par for several blogs. So don't give it a 2nd though.

CoffeeDog said...

Come back...

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for your comment on my blog - we share the same problem, keeping up. I'm too tired most of the time to post and find myself writing lectures frequently. As to your really identity, well Asian, buxom from Montreal says only one thing to me CE so let's hope I'm correct. And stop being so damn mysterious, last time we saw each other was February 1992, not twenty years yet.