Wednesday, March 16, 2005

He was my North, my South, my East and West ...

I am in mourning. My faithful, dependable companion with whom I've spent the last three years, departed for parts unknown somewhere between Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. I'm completely lost and bereft. I have no idea whether I am coming or going. But the world still continues to spin.

We were inseparable. Very rarely was I seen without my beloved. We spent hours together in bed at night, playing games and reviewing our day. I shall sorely miss those times.

The saddest part is that I bear the brunt of responsibility for the demise of my faithful friend. I held S.C., or Sony Clie, as was his full name, in my hands, I believe on Saturday morning, when I consulted him as to the time of my son's hockey game. S.C., reliable as ever, informed me in short order as to the details of my day. After that, I draw a complete blank. I have no recollection if I returned S.C. to his usual place of rest (my purse) or if in my haste, I put him somewhere else. In any event, he does not emerge from his hiding place when I call which leads me to suspect he met with a terrible fate.

For those cynics out there who think I cherished S.C. only for what he could do for me, I must add that I have reluctantly brought into my life a Zire which performs the same functions as did S.C. and I still feel as though a large chunk of me is missing.

I am definitely in mourning.

In lieu of flowers, please take a moment to share a memory which you may have of S.C.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Snooze said...

I thought this was going to be about your vibrator...

EarthMother said...

In that regard, I have been widowed for quite some time now. And thanks for bringing up such a painful topic.