Wednesday, September 28, 2005

From Flab to Fab

Tired, so tired today ... must get sleep ...

My body is in a state of shock, I think. I've gone back to the gym again and gone full tilt no less (never do anything half-assed is my motto). I have this love-hate relationship with the gym. Actually, with exercise in general, I think. Many moons ago when I used to be on the school track and field team and ran long distances every day, I swore I actually hated running. And yet, I would find myself itching to go for that long run at the end of the day. Bizarre.

Now that I don't run every day, or work out obsessively like I used to, I have those rare days when my body will remember what it used to feel like to be in good shape, and will then crave some form of exercise (sex and lifting the arm for drinking or eating don't count). In response, I decided to try and go back to a workout schedule that may fit into my life. After one week of this, my body is utterly confused.
My brain is struggling to keep up with the body during waking hours (I'm having trouble stringing coherent thoughts together). My muscles have called an emergency meeting to decide whether their status is as a working out group or a couch potato group. Hopefully, they'll keep me posted as to their decision. In the meantime, I'm going to collapse on the couch briefly.

4 comments:

EarthMother said...

Yeah it's funny how it works. Immediately after I work out or run, I feel energised and fabulous because of the endorphins, etc. It's only later that it hits me like a ton of bricks.

EarthMother said...

Knottyboy: Sex is invariably combined with drinking ... how else do you think I lure or get lured into bed?

Snooze said...

Isn't it annoying to realize that exercise is so good for you and feels great? I always feel like, 'crap, there is something to healthy living.' Now two points... what flab? AND you've always been fab.

EarthMother said...

Oh honey ... it's been a long time since you've seen me naked and on the massage table! But thanks for the compliment.
It is great getting back into exercise, but you're right ... I now realise how much time I've wasted sitting at home, eating Ruffles chips when I should have been sweating it out at the gym.