Thursday, June 22, 2006

We are definitely old ...

I went to a dance performance held by my kids' school this evening. It was far better than I hadanticipated it would be. It was really cute to watch some of the kids strut their stuff.

Somewhat simultaenously sobering and amusing, was that the emcee would occasionally announce that a "retro mix" would follow. Music from the eighties and nineties would then be played ... you know stuff that I listened to as a teenager or during my university years.

Even scarier was the fact that these songs had no relevance for our kids. They had no idea that some of these tunes were so popular during our formative years. To them it was just some obscure weird music.

Yikes! Our music is vintage ...

3 comments:

St. Dickeybird said...

I got called an "old guy" by a college student in a bar. She was wearing a 'Never Mind The Bollocks' tshirt from 1976!

We're old, our music is vintage, but dammit - we still look good!

Snooze said...

I agree with Dickey - we're hot. I remember when I was 25 hearing some 18 year-olds discussing this cool 'old movie' they'd seen. I was thinking 'Casablanca' but then they started discussing 'The Breakfast Club'. Ack!

EarthMother said...

Dickey: sigh ... I find that "we still look good" comes with a modifier ... i.e. we still look good for all the years of abuse we've put our bodies through, all the sleep we haven't gotten, all the kids we've had ... blah blah blah. Good lighting has become my friend.

Snooze: LMAO Bet if you mentioned Casablanca they wouldn't even know what the hell you were talking about!